Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year

Hello friends!

Sorry to have been away so long. Life happens, and continues to happen. I am entering new fields of study. I am exploring new possiblities of vocation. Meanwhile I continue to do my best to be a good husband and father, all the while endeavoring to draw nearer to my Lord.

Like most, I have been typically prone to resolutions at this time of year. But this year I have not been. I know my frailties well enough to know that such things would be only setting me up for failure. Instead, I simply renew the same resolve that I begin each day with- to do my best to live like my Lord calls me to live. Where I fail, I fall into His hands of mercy and trust in His everlasting Grace. Where I succeed, I ask for His Grace to keep me humble and to remind me that I really have no strength but His.

As another year dawns, I look around me at a world that appears to be increasingly spinning out of control. I want to help. But I am not at a place yet where I can. I am not wise enough, or strong enough, or rich enough, or popular enough, or anthing else. I have no more solutions than many others that are better than me who are trying their best. Yet I know that our Lord Jesus Christ has the answer, and is Himself THE answer.

It is my hope and prayer that in this new year, the Church of our Lord Jesus Christ will continue to grow in Grace and wisdom, in purity and power. Furthermore it is my earnest hope that many in this world will finally turn to Him who is the fulfillment of all our hopes and dreams, our Lord Jesus Christ, the King of kings, the Lord of lords, and the eternal Prince of Peace. Join with me in echoing the words our Lord taught us to pray in this endeavor as we plead with Him- "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hidden One said...

"I want to help. But I am not at a place yet where I can. I am not wise enough, or strong enough, or rich enough, or popular enough, or anthing else."

You care enough. You've got God behind you. That's enough to start with.

"I have no more solutions than many others that are better than me who are trying their best."

If the greatest intercessor in the world is praying for a world issue, does that mean I shouldn't? Prayer is a msot powerful way of brining about a solution - and you don't even have to know what it is.

"Join with me in echoing the words our Lord taught us to pray in this endeavor as we plead with Him- "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Amen!"

See? -Merely- by praying, you work to bring about the solution you [and I] seek! You can do something, Patrick.

Sincerely in Christ,
Hidden One.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Hidden One,

Thanks for the thoughts and encouragment. Have a blessed new year!

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home