Friday, May 04, 2007

In Christ and For Christ

Sometimes when I am praying I actually take some time to let God do the talking. Usually He just puts up with my laundry list of wants and my complaining. But not too long ago I had the sense that He wanted to speak something to me. So I was quiet for a while and just listened.

He challenged me with the attitude in which I live my life. I am too selfish- too self-centered. My life is to be lived in Christ and for Christ. What does that mean?

To live in Christ is simply to allow Christ to live through me. It is His life that is to shine. I can only live as He is living in me. To do this I need to remain in constant contact with Him. More than just a few quiet moments in the morning, I must learn to train myself to be in continuous prayer. As I do I will remain in constant communion with the Lord, allowing Him to truly live His life through me.

To live for Christ is the same idea but looked at from a bit of a different perspective. This goes back to the idea of "what would Jesus do?". To live for Christ is to see all of life as being done for Him- for His pleasure, and for His glory. So if I work, I do it for Christ. If I play, I do it for Christ. If I serve, or visit, or whatever I may do I must do it as unto the Lord. This helps change my perspective so that I don't distinguish between secular and sacred events. All of life is sacred. Anything becomes an act of worship. This is how it ought to be.

I wish I could say I've really grasped this concept and am doing very well with it. The truth is, that I don't believe I grasp it very well and I am miserably failing. However, I do believe this is something God spoke to me and so I am confident He will give me the Grace to do it. I just need to keep at it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hidden One said...

You will be in my prayers.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

"I can only live as He is living in me."

That's the key right there.

May we all more fully live, as He lives through us.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home